Review ~ White Witch Black Curse

I just finished White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, Book 7)
last week and loved it. I will note first, if you haven't read the short stories that Kim Harrison has written, then wait to read this book. This book ties in 2 of her short stories, the book will be very confusing if you haven't read them.

Book description ~

Some wounds take time to heal . . . and some scars never fade. Rachel Morgan, kick-ass witch and bounty hunter, has taken her fair share of hits, and has broken lines she swore she would never cross. But when her lover was murdered, it left a deeper wound than Rachel ever imagined, and now she won't rest until his death is solved . . . and avenged. Whatever the cost. Yet the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and when a new predator moves to the apex of the Inderlander food chain, Rachel's past comes back to haunt her. Literally.
I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. I didn't care much for the last book. The Ivy/Rachel story line was uncomfortable for me, and I just didn't care for it. I am so glad that in White Witch, Black Curse Rachel has moved past trying to be with Ivy. Hopefully the future books do not go back in that direction. I really wish Ivy would find someone so that some of that tension would be gone.

I have read some reviews that say this book is longer then needed and a slower read. I can see why they say that, especially if they haven't read Dates from Hell (Ivy's story) and Holidays are Hell (Rachel's story). Most of the book would be confusing. I found the story great though. It tied up tons of lose ends. I liked seeing things brought in from the short stories. I've always liked books that fill in gaps and tie up ends, so that is probably why I enjoyed it.

You can read the first chapter here.

Comments

bridget3420 said…
I love this series!

Popular posts from this blog

Gift Ideas for Dance Recitals

Plackers Dual Grip Fruit Smoothie Swirl Kids’ Flossers & Flosser Friend