Sunday, May 31, 2009

Obama: The Historic Journey: Young Reader's Edition

I like to have books available on my daughters book shelves about history, especially presidents. I have a very nice one that lists all the presidents up to George Bush's first run, with a few pages on each. Sometimes I add print outs to it as well, like when a former President dies, etc.

I'm excited to add some books about our newest president, Barack Obama to their collection, especially since it was such a historic election. It is one that both my girls had a chance to mock vote in (both voted Obama), so I know they will always remember it. I was lucky enough to have Mothertalk send me a copy of Obama: The Historic Journey: Young Reader's Edition (New York Times Book).

The book is a nice size ~ 10.9 x 9.2 x 0.7 inches.
  • Reading level: Ages 9-12
  • Hardcover: 96 pages
  • Publisher: Callaway (February 16, 2009)
  • Language: English


Obama: The Historic Journey: Young Reader's Edition is a beautiful book, full of amazing photography. The book covers the entire election, plus gives us some background on our 44th president. It includes childhood photos, along with Obama's history. We get a glimpse at his mother and father, the way he grew up. His grandparents, his family tree, his wife and his political journey.

I was amazed at the amount of details in this book. Both my daughters browsed through it, my 7 year old was able to read through it without problems. We all enjoyed learning a bit more about Obama. Our favorite though ~ looking through the photos.

This is a great book to add to your collection, everyone in the family can enjoy it. It is a nice piece of history to add to your book collection. There is also an adult version, I haven't had a chance to look through a copy yet, but it is available ~ Obama: The Historic Journey.

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...