- Soy wax burns cleaner resulting in less toxins for you, your children and pets to breathe, not to mention not damaging your home with black soot all over walls, ceilings, drapes, carpets, furniture and electronics
- Soy wax is non-toxic and over time it won’t harm the environment making soy candles a “greener” choice
- Soy wax burns cooler providing a 20% - 50% longer burn time so you get more for your money
- Stronger scent throw cold and while burning means a more prominent scent throughout your home or office
- Soy beans are a renewable resource and are grown in the USA which support american farmers and the american economy
- Soy wax will clean up with soap and hot water
Things That Make Scents sent me some candles to try out. They sell a wide range of candles including Jar Candles, Tapers, Tarts, Waxed dipped critters (bears pictured) and even soaps. The fragrance list is huge! I had a hard time deciding on my favorite fragrances.
I ended up getting the Sunflower Honey Soy Jar candle. It has a wonderful scent that reminds me of summer in a beautiful shade of yellow (my favorite color!). The jar candle burns very nice with a steady sent.
Thinks That Make Scents started the OhSoy! Candle line in 2002. The owner Janine became frustrated with the soot stains paraffin candles left on her ceiling. After doing much research, she discovered that soybean candles were a cleaner, healthier alternative with an added bonus. Soy wax candles are more cost-effective than their petroleum-based paraffin counterparts and are healthier for our customers. She had such great internet success, a storefront was opened in New Jersey in 2007.
Things That Make Scents has graciously donated a $25 gift certificate to one of my readers.
To enter ~
Stop by Things That Make Scents and tell me one or two things you would use with your gift certificate if you won.
Extra Entries ~
- Enter Things That Make Scents Monthly giveaway here
- Blog about this contest ~ 3 entries, leave 3 comments
- Follow me on twitter & tweet this giveaway (can do daily)
- Subscribe and/or Follow my blog (Email 2 entries, RSS 1 entry, Follow 1 entry)
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Subscribe or Follow to any of my other blogs (Mom of 2 Dancers, Contest listings, Books, My Creative Life or Getting free from debt)
- Advertise on my Entrecard
- Fav me on Technorati
- Join Swagbucks
- Enter one of my other contests (feel free to enter them all, but only comment for 1 extra entry)
Winner ~ Pam
Like this post ~