Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Do you {HEART} Getting Flowers, but never Do?

We usually only have flowers in our household once a year ~ Dance Recital time. Yes, my little girls are the only ones that are ever lucky enough to get fresh flowers.

Last week though, I got a big box from Fed Ex, couldn't figure out what it could be. When I opened it up, there was this beautiful bouquet of flowers from the California Cut Flower Commission. My favorite color is yellow, so these couldn't have been more perfect. I loved them so much, I blogged about them right away over at my other blog.

Every time I walk by my kitchen table I get a big smile on my face. I forgot, how much fresh flowers brighten up your day. The best thing about these flowers though, there was no reason behind it. There was no dance recital, it wasn't my birthday or Mother's day. They were just because.

I think we forget that flowers can be just because. Just to put a smile on your face, brighten up somebody's day.

The California Cut Flower Commission wants to encourage people to consider sending flowers more often, and not just on special once-a-year occasions.

The California Cut Flower Commission (CCFC) recently did a survey and concluded that 42% of women don’t receive flowers as often as they would like. Because of this the CCFC has created “Hint Cards” to help deserving mom drop hints that they would like to receive a beautiful bouquet of the world’s freshest flowers like the ones offered by California Grown flowers.

Hint cards are such a great idea! They add a bit of fun way to give a hint to that someone special that you would really appreciate a nice bouquet of flowers.

Some of the Hint cards that I have read...

~ I dare you to buy me flowers

~ Want to make up for it? You know what to do {One of my favorites, such a great way to break the ice after a disagreement as well}

The Hint cards are about the size regular business cards, which makes them a great size to get the idea across. You can stick them in your special someone's wallet, in their lunch, car dashboard, inside their pocket, in the kitchen by the coffee, etc.

Did you know that ~

~ 75% of all US grown flowers come from California, however they account for only approximately 25% of all cut flowers actually sold in the United States. The remainder is imported from South American countries. That is just so wrong! Why import flowers when you can get beautiful AMERICAN GROWN flowers right here in our country. The only time a flower should be imported is if it's something that can't be grown here (like a tropical flower).

~ California’s cut flower industry generates $10.3 billion in economic impact for the State of California and generates 121,950 California jobs and $3.3 billion in wages for other industries. WOW! That is a lot of money and jobs to consider when buying flowers.

~ California's cut flower industry meets the strictest growing standards in the world. They raise hundreds of varieties of flowers.

~ Most of California cut flowers remain in the fields up until 24 hours before you purchase them therefore they are much fresher and will last longer.


I have some great news! The wonderful people over at the California Flower Commission want to send a bunch of my readers some Hint Cards! They really want to get the word out and are willing to send out 25 of my readers hint cards!!! How fun is that????

To enter, tell me a fun way you would use one or more of these hint cards.

Plus, after you receive your hint cards, you will be invited to fill out a survey. This survey will you enter into another giveaway, the grand prize of one free California-grown bouquet every month for one year!

You must answer the initial question, after that you can get many extra entries ~

  • Blog about this contest ~ 3 entries, leave 3 comments
  • Follow me on twitter & tweet this giveaway (can do daily)
  • Subscribe and/or Follow my blog (Email 2 entries, RSS 1 entry, Follow 1 entry)
  • Add my button to your sidebar
  • Subscribe or Follow to any of my other blogs (Mom of 2 Dancers, Contest listings, Books, My Creative Life or Getting free from debt)
  • Advertise on my Entrecard
  • Fav me on Technorati
  • Join Swagbucks
  • Enter one of my other contests (feel free to enter them all, but only comment for 1 extra entry)

  • Contest will end on July 10th

    Like this post ~

    Subscribe in a reader

    No comments:

    Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

    Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...