Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Girls Must Have ~ The Skirty

I came across this company last year and fell in love. In love, seriously!

I can't believe I didn't review this sooner, I swear I did but I was checking through things & could not find it.

My youngest (just turned 8) wears skirts and dresses all the time. We used to just stick tight shorts under it, but now we only use the Skirty. This thing is so stinkin' cute and functional!

If you have a daughter, niece, granddaughter you have to buy one of these things. They are just adorable on. Normally you can't see it, but at times when my daughter is really playing, you can see the lace and it looks like a nice addition to the outfit.

The Skirty is made by Rebekah Merkle. She makes an adorable line of girls clothes including dresses, shirts, skirts, accessories and of course the skirty!

Her philosophy ~

Amoretti is a company that has grown as an extension of my life. It began with the clothes I design and sew for my own three lovely daughters. I believe that you shouldn't have to choose between beautiful clothes and practical clothes. That dressing up should be easy. That being a lady isn't old fashioned. And that "ladylike" most emphatically does not mean "fussy." And since Amoretti is so tied to my life, you could sum up the design philosophy as good old, down-home, American... but with just a touch of an English accent.


The Skirty comes in a wide range of sizes from 2 - 12. The way it is made, you should get many years out of it. My daughter has had her for awhile now and I can see her wearing it at least another year maybe two. It is 95% cotton, 5% lycra and best of all, made in the USA!

You can also find Rebekah on her blog, The Fortnightly Purse.

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Mommie Daze said...

I just have little boys, but I think this is great! I hate it when we go the playground and see little girls climbing around in skirts, and everyone can see their underwear. It's pet peeve of mine. Everybody with a little girl need these!

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...