Friday, July 17, 2009

Review ~ Love is Hell

I picked up Love Is Hell because I am a fan of Melissa Marr. I read short stories when a favorite author has written one in a compilation book, but I normally don't love them. Love Is Hell is an exception, I really enjoyed the stories!

Sure, love is hell. But it,s totally worth it.

In these supernatural stories by five of today's hottest writers—Melissa Marr (Wicked Lovely), Scott Westerfeld (Specials), Justine Larbalestier (Magic or Madness), Gabrielle Zevin (Elsewhere), and Laurie Faria Stolarz (Blue is for Nightmares)—love may be twisted and turned around, but it's more potent than ever on its quest to conquer all.

From two students who let the power of attraction guide them to break the hard-and-fast rules of their world to the girl who falls hard for a good-looking ghost with a score to settle, the clever, quirky characters in this exciting collection will break your heart, then leave you believing in love more than ever.

Stupid Perfect World by Scott Westerfeld was my absolute favorite story. Honestly, it will probably always be a favorite story. I just loved it. The story takes place in the future, Westerfeld created such a unique world. I wish this would have been a full length story about the Scarcity Class and Kieran & Maria (the main characters).

I think that Love Struck by Melissa Marr was my 2nd favorite. I loved reading about our main characther Alana meeting a Selchie named Murrin. You don't get many Selchie books, so it was a refreshing change!

The other three stories were pretty good as well. There was Sleeping with the Spirit by Laurie Faria Stolarz. The main character Brenda dreams about ghost Travis.

I actually had some mixed feelings about the other 2 stories, but I did finish them. A lot of times with these books, I read my favorite author and then can't even get through the other stories. There was Thinner Than Water by Justine Larbalestier It was about Robbie (fey) & Jeannie.

Then there was Fan Fictions by Gabrielle Zevin. I had some issues with this one and really felt for Paige. I can't say anymore though because it will give the story away :)

No comments:

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...