Monday, August 17, 2009

Accidentally on Purpose ~ New Fall TV Show

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - OCTOBER 29:  Actress Jenna...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

CBS is my favorite tv station. They have such great shows like Big Brother (amazing season by the way, you must watch this show!), CSI, Ghost Whisper, Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory, Mentalist and many more shows that I watch. With the fall coming up, that means all the shows will start premiering plus we get all the new shows to look forward. I have had a chance to watch Accidentally on Purpose, The Good Wife and Medium. Now Medium isn't new, however it is new to CBS.



ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE is a comedy starring Golden Globe Award winner Jenna Elfman as Billie, a single woman who finds herself "accidentally" pregnant after a one-night stand with a much younger guy, and decides to keep the baby… and the guy.

A newspaper film critic, Billie is barely surviving a humiliating breakup with her charming boss, James (Grant Show), who's still trying to resume their relationship. Suddenly expecting a child with her "boy toy," Zack (Jon Foster), Billie and Zack make an arrangement: to live together platonically. Billie's party girl best friend Olivia (Ashley Jensen), and Abby (Lennon Parham), her conventional, younger married sister, eagerly look forward to the new addition and offer their own brands of advice and encouragement. But when Zack and his freeloading friends, including Davis (Nicolas Wright), start to turn her place into a frat house, Billie isn't sure if she's living with a boyfriend, a roommate, or if she just has another child to raise.

My thoughts on Accidentally on Purpose ~ When I first saw the commercials, I thought it looked pretty funny. It is a bit of an edgy idea for an older woman to have a boy toy and then get pregnant by him. I found the pilot very funny. I've always liked Jenna Elfman, she always comes off so carefree to me. I think this show is a perfect fit for her. I can't wait to see what happens with this new "relationship"

I think this will be a fun comedy to watch each week. It is one of those shows that makes you laugh & forget about your own problems. I really enjoyed the pilot and I'm excited for the fall season!

Watch for my reviews on The Good Wife and Medium shortly!

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Misty said...

it looks interesting... I love JE too... not sure if I'd watch it but it looks cute.

Martha in PA said...

I think I love CBS the best too. Big Bang Theory (Sheldon just cracks me up!) is on the TOP of our list, with all the others following closely behind. I was glad to see that CBS picked up Medium, as it seemed it had come to an end on NBC. Big Brother FINALLY has gotten good this season. I could barely watch during the Ronnie weeks, I just disliked him so much!

I can't wait for this new show. I had a rerun of Dharma and Greg on the other day,and she was taking a pregnancy test... Tara asked if it was Accidentally on Purpose! LOL!

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...