Monday, August 31, 2009

Start the day out right with Mom's Best Cereal

Numerous studies have shown how important breakfast is to your overall health.  They have also shown how important eating breakfast is to getting good grades in school. 

I'm not a morning person myself, so I know how hard it is to think of breakfast when you are tired in the morning, rushing to get ready, etc.  That is why, I love giving my kids cereal for breakfast.  It is really quick on me, they get a nutritious breakfast that is easy to eat.  There is no waiting for it to cook, just poor it into a bowl and eat. 

I have reviewed Mom's Best cereals before on this blog, and I was given the chance to review them again through Mom Fuse.  I ended up picking the same cereals again, they were just too good to not get again.  The closest grocery store that sells the cereal line is over an hour away.  I was craving those deliciousOats & Honey Blend and the Honey Grahams.  I will even admit it, me and the kids fought over who got to eat it.  I wanted to keep it all to myself, but they love it as well.  Don't worry, I shared, I'm not that mean of a mom :) 

Other then the great taste, what I love about Mom's Best is that they use only the highest quality ingredients. There’s nothing artificial, no saturated fat or hydrogenated oils, no high fructose corn syrup.

They also have an amazing product commitment ~

Sustainability & Stewardship
Renewable Energy
We support renewable energy development by purchasing 100% of the electricity consumed by the production of our natural cereals from Windsource®. Windsource® is the US registered trademark of the Public Service Company of Colorado.
Reduce
We have active programs to reduce energy and minimize water use at our Northfield, Minnesota plant. Since 1996, we have reduced the water used to make cereal by 41% and we’ve reduced our energy use by 10%. That adds up to millions of gallons of water and KWh of energy saved through creative conservation.
Re-Use
Over 99% of the waste in our Northfield plant is recycled.
Recycle
We have many recycling programs throughout our company. Our cartons are made from 100% recycled paperboard, minimum 35% post consumer content.
Community Service
“MOM Cares” is an employee funded foundation that has given over 90 grants to help others in our community.
Energy Fair
Each year we host an Energy Fair to inform, educate and inspire our employees and business community.

If you want a tasty and extra good for you way to start your day, consider buying Mom's Best Cereals.  You can locate a store near you + get a coupon.  

I was excited to see that our local CVS was selling the Mom's Best Oatmeal (retail only $1 there).  I'm crossing my fingers that I start to see the tasty cereal by me next.  I'm dying to try the Honey Nut Toasty O's®

Thanks again to Mom Fuse and Mom's Best Cereal for the chance to try this amazing cereal.  I was not paid in any way for this review.  This review is simply my opinion.  Thanks for reading.

Like this post ~
 Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

Jody said...

Thank you for taking part in CADS, it's nice to meet you! I look forward to seeing your craftyness.

Jody said...

Just realised you actually posted on my light box post! What a donut! haha. Thank you for posting anywho:)

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...