RIP IV Challenge

Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings is again hosting the Readers Imbibing Peril (RIP IV)This will be my third year (2007, 2008) playing along, and this is my favorite book challenge each year! 

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural
.
The desire for the thrill that comes with this kind of reading drifts in on the autumn winds. You breathe it in and it takes hold of you, tempting you to late nights, book-in-hand, turning pages and starting at every unknown noise. Something wicked this way comes…

I'm again going to be participating in the Peril the First:
Read Four books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose.
I might actually add the Short Story Peril as well:

From Stainless Steel Droppings ~ More than any other time of the year, R.I.P. season brings out my desire to explore the short story genre. We will again do Short Story Sundays, for those of you who read R.I.P. related short stories any time during the week and want to write about them. I know I have Lovecraft, Poe, and Angela Carter waiting in the wings for my short story reading.
I'm really excited about this challenge starting up again.  I look forward to it every year.  These are actually the kind of books I normally read, but when the challenge is going, I find so many new authors and books, I never knew about.   
I haven't had a chance to start my TBR yet for this challenge.  Anyone feel like the fall snuck up on them?  Once I get my kiddos to school next week, I will have more time to think about reading selection and I will update here as I decide. 
Some of the books I've read in past RIP Challenges ~
Tithe by Holly Black
Valiant: A Modern Tale of Faerie
Eclipse by Stephanie Meyers
Breaking Dawn
Faerie Tale by Raymond E. Feist <--- Great one for the challenge!
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Grave Sight (Harper Connelly Mysteries, No. 1) & No 2
Season of the Witch
Some of the books I never got around to reading ~
Nightmares & fairy tales. Vol. 1 by Serena Valentino
The Thirteenth Tale
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Dead To Me by Anton Strout
Updated, books I've read so far (10/27)
Memoirs of a Fortune Teller ~ Read September, my review
The Historian ~ Read
The Haunting of Hill House ~ Read and enjoyed!
Ghosts of Anchor Bay ~ Read
Robe of Skulls (kids book, great if your kids want to play along) ~ Read

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Carl V. said...

The third time is the charm! :) Welcome to R.I.P. IV, I'm so glad you are joining in again this year. You've read some wonderful books in the past and I look forward to seeing what you read this year. I highly recommend The Thirteenth Tale, btw.

Fall, or at least September, has certainly snuck up on me. I felt like Fall has been flirting with me most of the summer since temps have been so mild here. I'm just hoping that summer doesn't poke its head back out and steal some of my Fall away from me. So far so good, it is very, very lovely out today.

Bluestocking said...

The Thirteenth Tale is good. R.I.P. IV

St Ives Even & Bright Scrub and Body Wash

I love Amazon's Subscribe and Save Service, use it for a ton of things. This is a great deal right now, St Ives Even & Bright  ...