Five Star Publications ~ Girl Talk


I had my first daughter at 19, so I found myself not relating with my friends anymore.  The women I did relate to were usually quite a bit older then me, and we were never able to form a good friendship.  I have a small family as well, so I only had a small handful of women influences all my life.  How I wish I had the book Girl Talk: Celebrities and Other Extraordinary Women Share Their Secrets from Five Star Publication years ago!

Something special happens when women get together and talk - confidences are shared, help and support given, all in the name of sisterhood and friendship. Women are compassionate listeners, knowing intuitively when to offer advice or merely a shoulder to lean on. Gigi Garner captured these intimate moments and compiled them with permission into a book for all women. Contributors include such stars as Naomi Judd, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Shari Belafonte, as well as other women, from a prison warden to an elementary school teacher. Beauty and health tips to advice on careers and relationships, this book covers them all.


Publisher: Five Star Publications
Price: $15.95 U.S.
Paperback / Nonfiction
Size: 8" x 8"
ISBN: 1-58985-051-3
ISBN: 978-1-58985-052-1
Publish Date: 2008
www.GirlTalkBook.com






Fact Sheet

WHAT IS THIS BOOK ABOUT?

Women are compassionate listeners, knowing intuitively when to offer advice or merely a hug and a shoulder to lean on. Author Gigi Garner has captured dozens of these intimate moments between women in her new book Girl Talk. Contributors include such stars as Naomi Judd, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Shari Belafonte, as well as other women with a wide variety of careers and perspectives. Girl Talk offers the feminine perspective and tips on beauty, health, fashion, careers, relationships, and more.


WHAT MAKES THIS BOOK UNIQUE?

  • Gigi Garner, daughter of famed television and movie actor James Garner, has called on many of her Hollywood friends to be contributors to Girl Talk.
  • The author has gathered advice and tips from other accomplished women who live far beyond the spotlights of Hollywood. Contributors include women with such diverse careers as bank officers, company presidents, prison wardens, professional anglers, and school teachers.
  • There is something special that happens when women get together in the name of sisterhood and friendship. Girl Talk is a window into that special world.

 I have had such a blast reading this book.  All of the little tidbits of new information.  Some things I already do and I found myself saying "Hey, I do that too!".  Of course the part on the Secret Dish is a must read for anyone with kids that don't like their veggies.

This is a really fun book to read.  It is an easy read, you can pick it up when you have a few minutes and get through a story.  Girl Talk is one of those books you can pass around with your friends.  They will all enjoy it and you will have even more to talk about.  It would be a great reading club book as well if you are looking for low key read, especially during the holidays.  Speaking of holidays, this would be a great book to pick up as gifts for the hard to buy woman!

I did this review with Mama Buzz.  I was sent a free copy of Girl Talk from Five Star Publications.  I was not paid for this review or my opinions.

Sponsor ~ Pick up some limited edition Tofurky  & Gravy Soda this Thanksgiving!


Jones Tofurky & Gravy Soda

No comments:

St Ives Even & Bright Scrub and Body Wash

I love Amazon's Subscribe and Save Service, use it for a ton of things. This is a great deal right now, St Ives Even & Bright  ...