Kellogg's Froot Loops and Apple Jacks now w/ Fiber

Apple JacksImage via Wikipedia
I recently received a box of Froot Loops with fiber, a box of Froot Loops with no fiber to taste test the difference between the two cereals, and 2 boxes of Apple Jacks with fiber.  I will be honest, these are actually 2 of my favorite cereals.  I love them!  I've mentioned before, I do not eat cereal w/ milk.  I love to eat cereal dry though, and these 2 cereals are a great snack!


Did you know that 9 out of 10 kids lack the recommended amount of fiber a day?  I know I struggle myself with getting enough fiber, so I can understand why so many kids lack it.  Kellogg's decided to take two of their most popular kids cereals and add 3 grams of fiber per serving.


I broke into the Apple Jack's first and they definitely did not taste any different to me.  I had nothing to compare to though, so then I tried the Froot Loops.  Both boxes tasted exactly the same to me.  The big test though was the kids.  I didn't tell them they were taste testing because I didnt' want to influence their thoughts.  Neither one could tell a difference with the cereal.  {They eat theirs w/ milk btw, they didn't get mommy's weird thing about milk luckily}

Final thoughts, success!  Kellogg's did a great job by adding some fiber to the cereal.  Especially since it is one of the sugary ones.  I love that these companies are starting to add vitamins, fibers, etc to foods I already buy.   


I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Kellogg’s and received boxes of Froot Loops and Apple Jacks and a gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.

Like this post ~
 Subscribe in a reader
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Carrie said...

good way to sneak it in!

Tara @ Go Green Street said...

I am shocked you could not tell a difference. I bought the Fruit Loops by mistake and was wondering why they tasted so different. I too like to eat cereal dry or as a snack. My husband is the one who noticed the new box. I could tell a big difference.

Ginny said...

Wow, that is interesting. I was just eating the froot loops again today thinking how cool it was that it was added w/ no taste difference. Something must be wrong with my taste buds, lol.

I started seeing the added fiber at the stores, I wonder if they plan on keeping the regular one as well for people that notice the difference. There are so many varieties now it gets hard to find the one you are looking for. I've noticed added Immunity & even added Brain power to other foods as well.


Now one food I really noticed recently. I had picked up 2 bags of that Chex Mix Bold. One was regular & the other one had like 10% less of something.

What a difference. Usually products to bother me that are lite or in some way better for you, but the Bold Chex was really gross. Had a totally different taste & even smell.

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net said...

Good to know my kids snacks are a "little" more healthy...maybe?

St Ives Even & Bright Scrub and Body Wash

I love Amazon's Subscribe and Save Service, use it for a ton of things. This is a great deal right now, St Ives Even & Bright  ...