The Power of Parents ~ MADD


My husband and I are not big drinkers.   Mainly weddings and occasional holidays.  My parents aren't big drinkers either.  I think this helped me not have a huge desire to drink.  Now that my oldest is 12, we are starting to bring up drinking, smoking and drugs a bit more often.  Trying to keep the lines of communication open. 


I was surprised to learn that drinking is the #1 drug problem in youth right now.  Roughly 6,000 people will die this year in direct correlation with underage drinking—a statistic that can be greatly reduced with parental intervention.  Studies have shown that parents still have the most influence our kids on these issues.  We need to influence our kids to not drink and especially not drink and drive.


On October 27th, MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) launched The Power of Parents: It's Your Influence (www.thepowerofparents.org). This program has been designed to help provide us as parents with key tips, information, and tools to help us at home reach our teens and communicate the real life danger of underage alcohol use. 

Please check out the above site and also the below resources.  When you are at the Power to Change website, take a look at the take action section.  There are several things you can do to help influence the importance of underage drinking  ~ 



MADD Blog: http://maddparents.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/maddparents
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MADDs-Power-of-Parents-Its-your-influence/131838435851
Safety Quiz: http://www.madd.org/parents/highschool-drinking2.html 
Support 21 Survey: http://support.madd.org/support21



I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of MADD.  A donation was made to MADD in my name to thank me for taking the time to participate.

Like this post ~
 Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

Doreen said...

I have never had the urge to drink alcohol. My parents don't drink but my Brother does. I'm ok with never drinking alcohol.

Tamara B. said...

I am a HUGE supporter of MADD it is such a great program when they speak to High Schoolers before graduation night!

Motorcycle Clothing said...

i think its a bad habit of drinking its not for health and personality.

memorial monuments said...

i agree that its a bad thing to do.. dont ever try this in your life.

St Ives Even & Bright Scrub and Body Wash

I love Amazon's Subscribe and Save Service, use it for a ton of things. This is a great deal right now, St Ives Even & Bright  ...