Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tirissa and the Necklace of Nulidor


I love books about magic, books that are set in a fantasy world that we can only dream about.

Description of  Tirissa and the Necklace of Nulidor ~

One day twelve-year-old Tirissa discovers that everyone in her village is under a spell. Everyone but her! Then she sees a mysterious stranger change into a huge bird, a bird with a beak like a sword. Did he cast the spell? Desperate to find someone who can break it, she flees, leaving her village behind. An old herbwoman tells her to seek help from a wizard who lives far away, and her journey takes her across the Three Kingdoms. Along the way she's joined by a kindly troll and a short, fat palace guard. They are pursued by the twin princes of Kellayne, the best hunters in the Blue River Kingdom, as well as by the huge, dangerous bird. Meanwhile, an evil wizard watches Tirissa and her friends in his magic mirror and plans a second spell that will kill everyone in the Three Kingdoms.

Publisher
Outskirts Press, Inc
Binding
Paperback
Reading Level
Ages 9-12
# of Pages
338
ISBN-10
143274013X
ISBN-13
978-1432740139
Publication Date
08/27/2009

About Willow

I grew up in Albuquerque, NM, in the late 1940’s and 1950’s, always with my nose in an Oz book or else out under the peach tree in the back yard, looking for fairies. After I grew up, moved to CA, and graduated from Occidental College, a few aptitude tests suggested I should be a novelist, but I didn’t try my hand at it until my thirties. By then I’d forgotten my childhood love of fantasy and over the years tried my hand at a variety of genres. None of the stories really captured my imagination and each time my interest petered out. But the years passed and one day, in my fifties, I felt a yearning to read Lord of the Rings, which I had never read. Halfway through, I knew that all along it was children’s fantasy I wanted to write. And so I began writing the tale of Tirissa, who loved to be out under the trees, and it turned into Tirissa and the Necklace of Nulidor.

I found Tirissa and the Necklace of Nulidor to be a really fun read.  Tirissa from the village of Oakenwood, is a young 12 year old girl.  She becomes the only one around with true life in her eyes. Tirissa believes the bird known as “the Beak”, cast a spell on everyone. She knows she must find help for the village.  Her first stop after leaving Oakenwood, leads her to being captured by a troll named Oglo.  Oglo ends up becoming a very important friend to her throughout the story.  She finds out she must travel to the palace.

Willow creates a wonderful fantasy world.  You will enjoy traveling along with Tirissa and other creatures she meets along the way.  This is a great introduction to fantasy novels for young kids, and it is an enjoyable read for adults that enjoy Young Adult fiction.  You get a bit of everything in Willow's world ~ wood nymphs, trolls, witches, wizards, palace guards, princes and more.

Fun news ~ Head over and join Tirissa's Facebook fan page for a chance to win a free copy of the book:
http://tinyurl.com/yzna8l7

If you comment below, you are gaining an entry into a $50 Amazon Gift certificate sponsored by Pump up your Book Promotions {Leave a comment at their blog stops and you could win a FREE virtual book tour if you’re a published author with a recent release or a $50 Amazon gift certificate if you are not published.}


I was sent a copy of Tirissa and the Necklace of Nulidor from Willow through Pump up your Book Promotions.


1 comment:

Willow said...

Thanks for the great review, Ginny. I'm glad you enjoyed the book!

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...