Friday, January 8, 2010

Review ~ Hollywood cookie Diet


I was recently sent some boxes of the Chocolate Chip Hollywood Cookie Diet to test out.  I started out my test on Monday.  It is probably to soon to tell how well these work, but I wanted to write about what I know so far.

Basically, you eat up to 4 of these cookies throughout the day and then eat a well balanced dinner.  The idea seems to be cutting calories which is essential in weight loss along with proper exercise, etc.

From the website ~
The Hollywood Cookie Diet works by satisfying your hunger and your sweet tooth. Simply eat up to four cookies a day, replacing breakfast and lunch, and eat a sensible dinner. Eat a cookie for breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch and mid-afternoon snack. The Hollywood Cookie Diet works because it is a low calorie diet based on caloric restriction by meal replacement and portion control.

Each cookie is individually wrapped for eating on-the-go. Take a tasty meal with you to the office, on the plane, on the road, to the gym, or anywhere else you go. Each cookie is also a good source of fiber and protein.

Based on the recommended 4 cookies per day (approximately 600 calories) and a light sensible dinner (approximately 800 calories), the average person who was consuming 3000 calories (or more) per day will lose approximately 15 pounds per month. Of course every individual is unique and results will vary based on many factors. An increase in exercise will help to increase weight loss.

This may be the last diet you will ever need. Use The Hollywood Cookie Diet for as long as you want until you achieve your weight loss goals. You can also use the The Hollywood Cookie Diet as a maintenance program. Always keep a cookie in your car, in your office, or anywhere you get hungry, so you can enjoy a satisfying treat and not gain weight.
My take ~ It seems like a great idea.  I actually have a big sweet tooth, so I love the idea of eating the cookie bars.  I've only tried the chocolate chip, but they are tasty.  I'm doing the cookie diet along with exercising on my new Wii Fit Plus.  I haven't checked my weight again yet though.  I only do that alone and my kids have been home sick.  I've never been a good eater, so I'm actually worried that I'm eating more calories then needed.  I've never counted calories before, so I'm still working out the details in my head.  For anyone that has dieted and has counted calories, then this will be easy for you to figure out.

Another thing I like about this diet, is you can actually work it around other diets.  It isn't suggested obviously because they want you to buy the Hollywood cookie, but I think you could substitute some of the cookies for another equal calorie amount item.  Then you will still get the sweets, but stretch out your cookies.  The boxes are a bit on the high end ~ they retail for $19.99 for 12 cookies.  You can get a great deal though by purchasing 5 boxes and getting 2 free + free shipping.  It comes out to $99.95 shipped to the lower 48 states which is a pretty good deal for the diet. 

I would recommend this diet, but I suggest looking into it first.  Make sure it fits what you are looking for.  If you have that sweet tooth though, dieting can be hard.  This makes it a bit easier.  Just make sure to work in exercising along with it and watch your calories.  If you stop the diet and increase your calories, then you are probably going to add on weight.

If you are looking into changing your lifestyle though and need a bit of a boost ~ The Hollywood Cookie Diet is a great way to get things going. 

The cookies come in Chocolate Chip, Lemon (sounds really good to me!) & Oatmeal.

Disclosure ~ I was sent the Chocolate Chip Cookies to test out.  The review was optional for me to do.  All opinions are mine.  You should consult a doctor before dieting or exercising.  Thank you.


Like this post ~
 Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Carlos said...

I think the Hollywood Cookie Diet is a decent idea. But the problem with this diet is that you can really do the same thing with almost any junk food item. For example, I could have 3 pop tarts (600 calories) and a sensible dinner and call it the hollywood pop tart diet. What you are really telling people is that they should cut their calories and work out and they will lose weight. You can do that for free.

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...