Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wright on Time Book Series ~ Arizona & Utah

I previously reviewed the first book in a new series ~ Wright in Time Arizona here.  Now the second book in the series is out as well.  My daughter was excited to get the next installment ~ Utah, because she really enjoyed the Arizona book. 

The series is about the Wright family.  They are a homeschool family that is traveling the US in their RV.  Each month brings them to a new state with a new educational theme to explore and play with.  They prove that learning can happen all the time, anywhere, and that being with family is fun!

Wright on Time: Arizona: Book 1
~ Meet Aidan, age 7: Boisterous and joking all the time, this sporty boy knows how to have fun! Meet Nadia, age 11: Curious and fiery, this intellectual girl can always find out answers to even the most difficult questions. Meet their parents: Harrison, a writer and linguist expert, and Stephanie, a telecommuting computer expert; ready to adventure with their children. Meet Prince Pumpkin III, turtle extraordinaire: This 50 year old little guy is holding on tight, as the family RV and a mysterious device take him on an adventure no turtle has ever gone on before. Explore an Arizona desert cave with the Wrights as they begin their trip. What will Aidan and Nadia discover?

Wright on Time: Utah: Book 2 (Volume 2)  The Wright family get to explore a dinosaur dig as they roadschool in Utah. What will Aidan and Nadia discover about the mysterious device they found in Arizona?

This is a great series for homeschooling families as well as traditional schooled children.  Both of my girls go to a public school which I would never change in the world.  It works for my family.  However, I love it when I can also teach them.  I don't think learning ever needs to stop, and I love discovering new ways of teaching my kids.

The Wright Family will be heading to every single state, so this is a really cool series.  The first two states are already out with the 3rd coming out this spring.  Here is the list of the first 18 books ~

BOOK 1: ARIZONA
BOOK 2: UTAH
BOOK 3: WYOMING
BOOK 4: SOUTH DAKOTA
BOOK 5: MINNESOTA
BOOK 6: IOWA
BOOK 7: ILLINOIS
BOOK 8: TENNESSEE
BOOK 9: MISSOURI
BOOK 10: ARKANSAS
BOOK 11: MISSISSIPPI
BOOK 12: LOUISIANA
BOOK 13: TEXAS
BOOK 14: OKLAHOMA
BOOK 15: KANSAS
BOOK 16: NEBRASKA
BOOK 17: COLORADO
BOOK 18: NEW MEXICO

You can purchase the books directly on the website or at Amazon.  Make sure to check out the website, they have a lot of fun things like coloring pages, flat kids, and Nadia's blog to read. 

Like this post ~
 Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

marion said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://businesseshome.net