Fairy Chronicles ~ Book Series for Girls

I came across the Fairy Chronicles a year or so ago.  I knew right away my daughter would love these books.  The publisher sent me around 8 - 10 books to review from the series.  They sat on my shelf for months, then one day near the beginning of the school year my daughter finally picked up the first book Marigold and the Feather of Hope, The Journey Begins. She was instantly hooked on this series. She read the first book in a matter of days, then she quickly went on to the second book.

 J.H. Sweet is now her favorite author.  She has written about her in school, along with the books.  When I was looking through her book journal at school recently it was funny to see over 10 of the Fairy Chronicles listed.  I believe there are 13 or more books right now.  I can't say enough about how much my daughter adores this series.  She carries one book with her all the time.  She has always played fairies, but she does it so much more now.  She uses things from the books to create her imaginary worlds with her dolls.  She has lent out her books to at least a dozen girls. They are always asking her to bring in the next book that they need.

The books are an excellent quality, nice think pages.  They are in full cover with illustrations.  There is fairy information in the back. They are truly excellent books!  Each book focuses on a different fairy and a new adventure.  All of the fairies around 9 in age.  The books are written for ages 9 -12, but I think most 8 year olds and even 7 year olds can read them.  That is the time that they really get into fairies I think.

You can buy the books individually from Sourcebooks.  They also set a Thistle doll and then box sets (Book 1 - 4, 1 -5 and 1-10)  Amazon also sells the full line.

There is also a great website that girls can register with.  There is even free stuff for girls there and Girl Scout activity ideas.  



Like this post ~
 Subscribe in a reader

3 comments:

riderwear99 said...

why everything is for girls...?keep something for boys too......hope you will understand this.

Marina Capano said...

Hi Nice to meet you! I saw your art in ebay, is so cute!

Congrats!

I´m following your blog and I´m following your twitter.

xoxo

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This series looks so cute :) I would have loved it when I was that age

St Ives Even & Bright Scrub and Body Wash

I love Amazon's Subscribe and Save Service, use it for a ton of things. This is a great deal right now, St Ives Even & Bright  ...