I’m A Yoursphere Test Drive Mom + Code for Readers

I'm part of a new 3 month campaign with Mom Central ~ I'm a test drive mom for a networking site just for kids.  It is called yoursphere.  Children can connect with others while parents have the overall say on what their child can do on the site.  This is a great site if you aren't ready to let your kids join places like myspace and facebook.  Both my girls are actually on facebook, and my 12 year old is also on myspace.  They have there pros and cons in my opinion, and I think that yoursphere is the answer to my concerns!

Yoursphere is geared towards tweens and teens.  What I love is that nobody over 18 can register.   Her is a bit of a breakdown of the site ~

  • Yoursphere requires parental consent
  • They verify the identity of the parent providing consent
  • Kids through 18 only
  • The “parent dashboard” allows access to everything a child under 12 does.  As well as manage the “family” account.
  • Kids connect based on same interests: sports, music, fashion, academics, performing arts, travel, animals & pets, art and photography, etc.
What can kids do on Yoursphere?
  • They can create their own “spheres” or web communities based on their unique interests.
  • There are weekly and monthly contests.
  • With a credit/rewards program, all members are rewarded for their positive interaction within the community and then they can redeem their credits for real-world rewards (movie tickets, ipod, gift card, music, shopping spree)
What makes Yoursphere Different?
  • Kids are educated about online safety with daily site internet safety reminders
  • With the monthly parent newsletter parents are kept informed on the site and the going ons.
Yoursphere is free though you can purchase the gold membership for $4.95 a month.  Head over today and see what it’s all about, using referral code YSMC-0041.  

My daughters are 8 and 12, if you similar aged kids that register, let me know & then can friend each other!  Stay tuned as I blog throughout the next few months my thoughts on yoursphere.

“I wrote this review while participating in the Yoursphere Test Drive program by Mom Central on behalf of Yoursphere. I will receive a free lifetime Gold membership on Yoursphere.com, Yoursphere t-shirts, and a $50 American Express gift card to facilitate my review. Reception of product(s) does not influence my view, they are always that of my own.”
Like this post ~

 Subscribe in a reader
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

St Ives Even & Bright Scrub and Body Wash

I love Amazon's Subscribe and Save Service, use it for a ton of things. This is a great deal right now, St Ives Even & Bright  ...