Yoursphere is geared towards tweens and teens. What I love is that nobody over 18 can register. Her is a bit of a breakdown of the site ~
- Yoursphere requires parental consent
- They verify the identity of the parent providing consent
- Kids through 18 only
- The “parent dashboard” allows access to everything a child under 12 does. As well as manage the “family” account.
- Kids connect based on same interests: sports, music, fashion, academics, performing arts, travel, animals & pets, art and photography, etc.
What can kids do on Yoursphere?
- They can create their own “spheres” or web communities based on their unique interests.
- There are weekly and monthly contests.
- With a credit/rewards program, all members are rewarded for their positive interaction within the community and then they can redeem their credits for real-world rewards (movie tickets, ipod, gift card, music, shopping spree)
What makes Yoursphere Different?
- Kids are educated about online safety with daily site internet safety reminders
- With the monthly parent newsletter parents are kept informed on the site and the going ons.
Yoursphere is free though you can purchase the gold membership for $4.95 a month. Head over today and see what it’s all about, using referral code YSMC-0041.
My daughters are 8 and 12, if you similar aged kids that register, let me know & then can friend each other! Stay tuned as I blog throughout the next few months my thoughts on yoursphere.
“I wrote this review while participating in the Yoursphere Test Drive program by Mom Central on behalf of Yoursphere. I will receive a free lifetime Gold membership on Yoursphere.com, Yoursphere t-shirts, and a $50 American Express gift card to facilitate my review. Reception of product(s) does not influence my view, they are always that of my own.”
Like this post ~
Subscribe in a reader