Bing Teacher Appreciation through DonorsChoose.org

I worked in a daycare for around 7 months back in 1997.  Let me tell you it was one of the toughest and most rewarding jobs I ever had.  I worked with the 3 and 4 year old children.  It was very fun teaching them every day, playing with them, listening to their stories.

It was also one of the most stressful jobs I ever had.  I truly give teachers a lot of credit.  They have a tough job!  They deal with many children, many different parents, trying to teach a wide range of levels of education within one classroom, budgets and much much more. 

Teachers are the ones that truly teach our kids.  I do a lot at home with my girls, but it is always their teachers that seem to make it click it for them.  They are the ones that teach us to read, write, math, science, history ...

They also are the ones that witness many of our childrens milestones.  I still remember all of the kids I had in my daycare classes.  Every single one of them left an impression on me and that was only in 7 short months.  With the end of the year here, now is the time to start thinking of ways to thank your teacher.

Bing is encouraging students and parents to recognize teachers who have made a difference in their lives through a new philanthropic campaign focused on supporting kids' education. Bing has committed to a gift of up to $500,000 and teamed up with DonorsChoose.org to provide both kids and adults with a way to express their thanks to a teacher and help another teacher or school in the process.

Visit www.bing.com/education to post a comment or share a story about a teacher who made a difference in your life (or the life of your child), and Bing will provide you with a $5 donation to DonorsChoose.org, which can be applied toward any classroom project of your choice. Each visitor can leave up to 5 comments, resulting in a total donation of $25. At the end of June, Bing will aggregate the comments and share them with each teacher in the form of a congratulations letter.

Here’s how it works: a teacher can log onto the DonorsChoose.org website to start a “classroom project” or donation request. Parents and students can then visit the Bing Teacher Appreciation site to leave a comment [up to 5 per visitor] about a teacher who has made a difference in their life, enabling them to receive a $5 giving code to donorschoose.org [one per comment]. Parents and students can then apply the $5 giving code to the “classroom project” of their choice. Classroom projects are created by teachers, so reach out to your childrens’ teachers and encourage them to submit their own projects!

I will be commenting on Alli's 5th grade teacher.  She was and is an absolutely amazing  teacher.  She was always there for my daughter, she went to her dance recital and still asks about her every single time she sees me or my 3rd grader.  For next year, she will be teaching a different grade, and my 3rd grader has already cried several times that she missed her chance at having her.  I have actually had nightmares about Cami not having her, she was that awesome! 

What teacher will you comment on?  Is it one of yours or one of your childrens?  I know I will also comment on my 5th grade teacher who is now a principal of a school, and Cami's second grade teacher who was amazing to her as well. 

I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Bing and a $100 DonoseChoose.org giving code to facilitate my review. Mom Central also sent me a thank-you gift certificate.
Like this post ~
 Subscribe in a reader
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

MJ said...

Please take a look at my DonorsChoose project.

Thanks!

MJ

http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=397701

Elana said...

I gave you a blog award. Go check it out!

http://www.thetwinners.com/2010/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

St Ives Even & Bright Scrub and Body Wash

I love Amazon's Subscribe and Save Service, use it for a ton of things. This is a great deal right now, St Ives Even & Bright  ...