Monday, June 21, 2010

The Critical Thinking Co.'s Balance Benders Books

When both my girls were little, I always had tons of workbooks for them to work in.  Now that they are getting older, I find it harder to find them.  My youngest is going into 4th grade and my oldest is going into 8th grade.

I was given the chance to review a workbook from The Critical Thinking Co recently.  They sent me the Balance Benders Level 1 book which is good for Grades 4 - 12.  It was made by Robert Femiano. 

This book is really cool and is a challenge for both my girls.  My oldest is a bit advanced and my oldest is a bit below so the book works great for both of them!


Move over Sudoku, here come Balance Benders™! You can use these books as quick, fun logic problems or as stepping stones to success in algebra. Children develop deductive thinking and pre-algebra skills as they solve balance puzzles that are more fun and addictive than Sudoku puzzles! Children must analyze each balance to identify the clues, and then synthesize the information to solve the puzzle. Try one—and then try to stop!
The site has a huge variety of workbooks, an incredible amount really!  You are guaranteed to find something for your school aged child over at The Critical Thinking Co.!  They also offer free printables to try out there books, check out this cool widget below.



Some other information from the company that might interest you ~ 

They are hosting a Critical Thinking Moments™ Video Contest.All participants receive all three levels of Dr Funster's Word Benders™ eBooks for grades 3-12. The winner will get a years supply of educational products worth $500.

They are also hosting an award called the Critical Thinking Heroes Award. The Critical Thinking Heroes™ Award program was developed to thank those who have dedicated their time to advocating and inspiring a love of thinking and problem-solving on a grand scale.

They also have a great newsletter, I received a coupon in my last newsletter.  You can sign up here

This is a Mama Buzz review. The product was provided by Critical Thinking Books and Software, for the purposes of this review.
Like this post ~
 Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That sounds cool; I may check it out for my rising 4th grader.

Thanks, I'm grabbing your button for my new PR blog. Come check out our goodies! :D

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...