Tutu Deadly Jenny T. Partridge Dance Mysteries, No. 1 Book Review

I haven't done a book review in forever, and I really need to get back into it.  I read a lot, and I find most of my books by browsing online for reviews, etc.  I was looking for some new authors to read about a month ago and came across a cozy mystery series about dance.  How perfect!

A cozy new mystery series that's about to make its dazzling debut performance.
Meet the dance instructor who puts criminals behind bars.
Meet Jenny T. Partridge, founder of Ogden, Utah's premier school for budding prima-and not-so-prima-ballerinas. For Jenny, dealing with difficult stage mothers is business as usual...until murder cuts in.
When the obnoxious mother of Jenny's most talented student meets her maker-courtesy of poisoned cookie dough purchased through the Academy's fund-raiser-Jenny must dance as fast as she can to clear her name.

I really got a kick out of Tutu Deadly.  It was a quick read for me, all fun.  Jenny is a very likable character, a bit quirky or in her words eccentric.  Jenny's love is dance and she is a dance teacher/owner.  Being a dance mom, I had so much fun reading about the "psycho dance moms" that Jenny has to deal with.  I have to admit, I found myself thinking, hmmm I hope the owners of my daughters dance studio don't think that about me.  Of  course, I don't think I have ever done anything that these moms have done, lol.

I'm looking forward to reading the next couple books in the series.  I think the author has a lot of potential.  There were parts that I thought could have been thought out better, but it really was a fun story.  If you enjoy reading and have anything to do with dance, I really think you'd get a kick out of this series.  If you aren't in the dance field at all, but enjoy cozy mysteries then you should also enjoy it.

Another great thing about this book is a tween, teen or adult can read it.  Honestly throughout the book, Jenny (age 30) acts more like a teenager then adult, so teens should enjoy this book.

Books so far in the series ~

Tutu Deadly
Tapped Out (Jenny T. Partridge Dance Mysteries, No. 2)
Pointe and Shoot (Jenny T. Partridge Dance Mysteries, No. 3)


Like this post ~
 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

St Ives Even & Bright Scrub and Body Wash

I love Amazon's Subscribe and Save Service, use it for a ton of things. This is a great deal right now, St Ives Even & Bright  ...