Sunday, September 5, 2010

NutraSea Kids ~ Omega 3 for Kids


NutraSea Kids, Omega-3 Supplement with EPA, DHA, GLA and Vitamin D, VeOver the past few years, increasing research has shown that essential fatty acids (EFAs) play an important role in our children's development. But getting kids to eat fish 2-3 times a week isn't an easy task in most families.   The company Ascenta's has a new product on the market called NutraSea Kids supplement.  Moms can provide their kids EFAs in Very Berry taste and has Pure Check quality assurance. Since many kids have difficulty swallowing soft gels and capsules, NutraSea Kids' liquid format makes it not only easy to take on its own, but also to add into smoothies, milkshakes, yogurt and other food favorites.


NutraSea Kids is recommended for children ages 2 - 13.  They just take one teaspoon (5ml) daily, and that gives them there daily omega-3 and vitamin D to help their development.  


Every NutraSea product undergoes rigorous testing to ensure purity and quality, the Pure Check logo featured on all NutraSea products guarantees that they have been independently tested and certified for quality, purity and potency — a level of quality that sets Ascenta apart from its from competitors. For more information about the quality guarantee of Ascenta products and the benefits of essential fatty acids, visit their product website here.

Ascenta Health - Nutrasea+D Omega-3, 6.76 fl oz liquidMy oldest will not drink any type of liquid, so she wouldn't try it at all.  However my 9 year old did try out the NutraSea Kids.   After she drank it, I asked her what she thought.  She said "It has no flavor", my husband and I kept asking what she meant.  She said that she couldn't describe it other then no flavor.  Then I decided to try out the NutraSea + D that I was sent as a thank you for my review.  She was right, no flavor.  It is the weirdest stuff I have ever tasted.  It has a bit of an oily texture in your mouth.  It is super hard to describe. The NutraSea liquids are definately not unbareable though.  My daughter has continued to take it every day.   I personally couldn't get over the oily, a bit fishy feeling in my mouth, but my husband didn't mind it.  Since the Omega-3 is beneficial to the brain, my husband decided that he could really use it (he had a bad brain injury last year).  


I would certainly recommend the NutraSea Kids and adult line of products.  They are high quality, and have great safety standards in place.  I like the idea that with the liquid versions, you can add them to smoothies, etc.  My oldest loves smoothies, so this is a good way to sneak it in for her (and me).  
I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of NutraSea Kids campaign and received NutraSea samples to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.
Like this post ~
 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: