Saturday, April 2, 2016

Review: Worth Dying For

Worth Dying For Worth Dying For by Rita Herron
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I listened to this with Kindle Unlimited. I enjoyed the first two books, but this one was just really bad. I felt like I kept missing a story line in the beginning. I didn't care for the two main characters this book focused on Liz and Rafe. I felt like they were extremely whiny and immature, also bad agents (not as in good vs bad, but in horrible at their jobs).

I have a hard time not finishing a book, so I suffered through it. I wanted to find out the continuation of Amelia's story as well. I pretty much had everything figured out, even though there was one surprising twist on who #6 was which gave the book the 2 stars.

The book had a ton of repetition, it could have been much shorter. I found myself constantly rolling my eyes and Liz and Rafe continuously thought the same things over and over and over. I read some of the bad reviews that talked about Liz's choices and I thought the reviewers were exaggerating, they were not. I read a lot of crime fiction and the characters usually make stupid moves which you expect to keep the book/tv/movie exciting. However these were just plain old dumb moves that didn't even seem feasible.

This book was just really bad. I'm not sure I can make myself listen to the last book. Plus I read a review to see if the fourth book was any better and someone basically spoiled the entire book in one super short paragraph. I will have to be really desperate for something to listen to, in order to continue with the fourth in this series.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

Pamela Lazos said...

Thanks for giving an honest review. So often people dance around the issue if they don't like something (me for one). I'd rather just hear it outright I guess, even if it's somewhat painful.

Ginny said...

Thanks, I really hate leaving bad reviews. I just had to on this book. I think partly because I wanted to finish the series. I still want to kind of read the final one, but I just don't know if I can handle it. I kind of figured out what happens from reading the reviews anyways.

It definitely wasn't the worse book I read, just could have been a lot better.

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...