Saturday, August 11, 2007
Friday, August 10, 2007
I took Aly for her school hair cut. She has been driving me crazy to get her bang cut to the side since before her dance recital. I was hoping to put it off till right before school started. I would have liked to have waited another week or two, but she drove me crazy, lol. It looks really cute though, better then I thought. Her hair is on the thin side, so I wasn't sure if she could pull it off. This pic was after a full day of playing, I forgot to get it right after. The girl styled it & it looked SO cute. Will have to try to do that for the first day of school.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Enjoy Free Shipping, No Sales Tax, and Free Return Shipping on U.S. orders. Plus, a 110% Price Guarantee and a 100% Secure Purchase Guarantee on every order. While you check it out, enter to win free shoes!
20% any item, code summerblow07
Great chance to stock up on some back to school shoes. They have bags also!
Also try Dan's free Shoebuy coupons web site for frequently updated promo codes or other ways to save on your next order.
I know some kids have already went back to school and other kids will be going back over the next few weeks. It is time to start considering whether or not your child with need a tutor. Has your child struggled in school in the past? If they have, you should consider getting them a tutor. When looking for a tutor you want to remember to keep learning fun for your child. I know with my oldest daughter, who does struggle, if it is fun she picks it up instantly. If it boring, or just someone lecturing her on a subject, she zones out. Score Learning centers help children ages 4 to 14 make significant academic progress in an innovative tutoring environment. If you think that an Innovative Tutor is what your child needs, check out Score. They have a very easy to navigate website with centers located in 11 states. They do offer summer programs, and right now you can get 15% off when you enroll for fall.
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
- If you want to offset the benzene from your gas stove, keep an English Ivy plant in your kitchen.
- To capture a wide variety of chemicals, including TCE from new paint, benzene from new plastics, and formaldehyde from new cabinets & shelves, buy 2 - 3 chrysanthemum flowers.
- Absorb formaldehyde outgassing from your pressboard office or computer furniture, keep a spider plant on or near your desk. Get a large easy to care for corn plant for the office, too. It will absorb formaldehyde from new paper, books, cardboard, and pressboard bookshelves.
- If you have foam insulation or foam carpet pad or furniture, use a few azaleas.
- Eliminate fumes from products, oils, gasoline and carbon monoxide in your garage by bringing several spider plants, English ivies and dracaenas on window sills, shelves or corners. Try to give a little sunshine. Another tip, try to keep garage door and/or windows open to ventilate whenever possible.
- Indoor air pollution experts recommend one plant for every 100 feet.
- Other powerful air-filtering plants are Chinese evergreens, golden pothos, Gerbera daisies, bamboo plants, dieffenbachias and peace lillies.
If you are interested in other ways of eliminating toxins from your house, check out Clean House Clean Planet.
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Halloween the movie
Normally I go on a spending spree for the kids before school starts. Spending hundreds especially at JC Penney. My oldest needs slim & penney's is about the only store that I can find jeans to fit her. Plus I have a charge there, lol (one of the few I do have). I'm really trying to pay off our debt though, so I'm fighting my urge to spend on school clothes. Last week I was fixing my daughters closet & realized she has quite a bit of nice shirts that will work great for beginning of school. I've been talking to the kids about going clothes shopping AFTER school starts. At first they were a bit bummed, but I think they are coming around. My grandma has already offered to take them back to school shopping. I told them we will make sure to get the first day of school outfit then. I've already hit some back to school sales for supplies & I think I'm ok. The biggest thing we need right now is back packs. We have tons of lunch boxes & the kids usually eat at school anyway. I think last year my youngest used her lunch bag about 10 times at the most. I'm so over spending money on things that we think we need. I really need to get out of that mind set.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Your photos online, the easy way - Smugmug
SmugMug keeps 4 backup copies of each photo in 3 states. Retrieve them anytime.
Secure your family's privacy with your own secret SmugIsland.
They'll see your photos without registering, and without spam.
Real people who respond to every email every day.
They fuss over more than 315,000 mostly fanatical, paying customers.
This week’s theme:
Share your feelings and story of when you discovered you were pregnant for the first time.
This really isn't something I talk much about out. My pregnancy I have discussed quite often, but the discovery usually doesn't seem to come up. It is kind of complicated & goes to show how immature you are at 18. I was dating my husband for about 10 months when he started saying he wanted a baby. I have always said that I would never have kids. I had no desire to have children. I wanted to become a psychologist & I actually always dreamed of being a profiler (like Criminal minds). Whatever I went into it, i wanted my field to deal with understanding the criminal mind. Not a job for a family woman, lol. Somehow though my husband then boyfriend got the idea of having a baby in my head. I started thinking about it & really wanted a daughter. Yes I only wanted a daughter, I did not want a son. So I started planning it all out, when I would like to get pregnant, etc. I can't remember all the details of it, but it had something to do with the timing of my dads health insurance. I think I was about to get taken off it or something. I decided that April would be a good month to become pregnant & being the all knowing 18 year old decided to start trying in February. I actually figured out my fertility by using the 28 day method. My periods were always exactly 28 days apart, so it was easy to figure out. Then we started trying for a 3 day period. This was like 4 or 5 days before I turned 19. Funny side story. On my 19th birthday (this is a few days after we started trying) my Aunt wrote in my birthday card "At your age I was pregnant". My mom totally flipped out at her saying she shouldn't even put that thought in my head, LOL. Of course a couple weeks later, no period! I went out & bought fact plus & took the test. It came up positive very quickly. I was a bit shocked to be honest. I never thought it would happen that quick. That was fun telling my mom, she actually handled it quite well. We had discussed waiting to get married a few years later. When my husband went to the first ultrasound though, he wanted to get married before she came along. We had 2 months to plan the wedding so that I wasn't totally huge. We had planned on getting married when I was 5 months pregnant. I ended up getting very sick though & spent my should have been wedding day in a coma on the ICU floor. We manged to get married in August. I was 6 months pregnant but barely showing. You can see my wedding pic a few posts down. Alyssa ended up coming 6 weeks early at the end of September. That is my crazy story. My 2nd daughter was a total surprise for us. I actually knew though right away. I swear that 28 day method of tracking your fertility really works, LOL.
2. I've lived basically in the same area of Michigan all my life
3. I got married when I was 19
4. I've been married for 10 years
5. I have 2 absolutely beautiful daughters!
6. I work very hard at home business to keep my daughters in dance
7. I'm an Atheist & proud of it
8. Crazy, I have very high morals! ( I know totally shocking isn't it? )
9. I almost died with my first pregnancy
10. Both my babies were preemies, my body was not meant to have kids!
11. I am a scrapbooker
12. I'm an avid reader
13. I love photography & have since I was young
14. I'm not that creative
15. I love looking at art
16. I'm an animal activist
17. I've been a vegetarian since I was in 7th grade
18. I was a member of PETA in high school
19. I'm not any more because all my money goes to my kids, lol
20. I've been going online for 12 years (since I was 17)
21. When I was 17 I thought it was SO boring
22. I love doing surveys & love even more when you can get paid for them
23. I'm a tv junkie
24. I've always been under weight
25. I have a fear of aging thanks to my mom
29. I'm shy
30. My kids have helped me deal with a lot of shyness
31. I love entering contests
32. I can roll my tongue
33. I usually sleep on my stomach & wake up with a sore neck
34. I walk fast & have to watch that I am not walking away from my group
35. My shoe size was 7.5 in high school & shrunk to size 7 after I had my first daughter
36. If a song I like is on the radio I have to watch that I'm not speeding
37. I had the Chicken pox in 1st grade but only got 16 spots
38. I also had Scarlet fever at the same time
39. I've had allergies all my life, my seasonal are year round, lol
40. I have some kind of headache every day & have been like that for as long as I can remember
41. My mom lied to my high school about a heart condition that I have to get me out of gym (I do have the condition, it just wasn't as bad as we made it)
42. I played the flute in middle school to get out of gym
43. I love the beach
44. I hate cooking & sometimes go without eating meals just to avoid it
45. I wanted to be a Criminal Profiler
46. Or a Psychiatrist/Psychologist
47. Instead I went to manicuring school, LOL
48. I still pay for my license every other year & have never gotten a job doing nails (so not me)
49. My favorite video game is Herzog Zwei for Genesis
50. Me & my dad would play it for hours at a time fighting wars with each other when I was younger
51. My middle name is after my grandma
52. I have one brother, 5 years younger then me
53. I remember my dad reading & singing to me when I was little but not my mom
54. She gets quite upset over that since she feels she totally devoted her life to me when I was little
55. I can't whistle
56. I'm a Pisces Aquarius Cusp (nothing can ever be simple for me I swear)
57. I live in jeans
58. My favorite color is yellow
59. I used to despise pink until I had Aly, know it is a very close 2nd to yellow
60. I have only been on a plane once when I was 5
61. I collect Vogue Ginny Dolls
62. I also collect Barbies which I'm really trying to break
63. I went to a Brownie meeting once & couldn't stand that they all held hands to sing & refused to go back
64. Ginny is my nickname, I hate my real name (no, it's not Virginia)
65. I love Chocolate!
66. I used to work as a pharmacy technician at CVS
67. I was the youngest promoted into management at my 1st job at the mall (I was 17 when promoted)
68. I got my first credit card at Sears when I was 17
69. At one point I worked 3 jobs in high school because I loved shopping
70. I was supposed to go to Central Michigan University but chickened out
71. I've had the same stupid car for 10 years
72. I don't wear lipstick
73. I hate leaving the house with no makeup
74. Love mascara, couldn't live without it
75. My biggest splurge is my facial cleanser & moisturizer
76. I love purses
77. My favorite tv show is Charmed & I miss it!
78. I love roller coasters especially in the front seat
79. My favorite number is 2
80. I hate coffee
81. I love tea (my English roots)
82. I don't care for kids
83. I once worked in a day care, but quit after I got pregnant, lol
84. My favorite age is 3 & 4 in kids
85. I'm a cat person
86. My favorite drink is Coke with Sweet tea coming in a very close 2nd
87. I'm not a big alcohol drinker
88. If I do drink I like Sea Breeze or almost any frozen drink
89. My favorite food is pizz
90. I love cheese, salt & cinnamon bagels
91. My favorite thing from Coney Island is grilled bagel & hash browns
92. I got my drivers license on my 16th bday
93. My first car was a 89 Daytona Turbo & I loved it till some idiot ran a red light & totaled it
94. I got my first cel phone when I was 16, my plan was for 15 minutes & cost over $35
95. It wasn't a big deal though cuz non of my friends had them yet (remember this was 13 years ago)
96. I listen to Rap music & have since 4th grade
97. My favorite season is fall (except MI has been having some crappy ones lately)
98. I want to move to a warmer state
99. I love Aly with all my heart
100. I love Cam with all my heart
Sunday, August 5, 2007
I'm watching that new show Two Corey's on A & E. How funny. I absolutely LOVED Corey Haim when I was younger, seriously I was obsessed with him. I even still buy the movies when they come on DVD. I recently bought Dream a Little Dream from Amazon that is my all time favorite movie. I could go on & on. The show is pretty depressing though. Haim is living at Feldman's house with his new wife. His house is actually beautiful & he seems to be doing pretty well. They both went through quite a lot after falling out of the movie scene. Haim didn't fair as well which makes me sad. Looks like he is trying to get his life back together though, he lost all that weight he gained which makes him look closer to his old adorable self. I do feel bad though. Being a celebrity is something I would never want to be. I'm happy with my low profile life, being a mom!!! Next episode he does speed dating, oh geez :)
I didn't realize that the TVStoreOnline.com sold a huge line of Halloween costumes until recently. They are the place to go if yo...
Welcome to A Blogtastic Extravaganza - New Year, New Start Did you make resolutions this year? Regardless, I bet you want to make some...
It is the long awaited Dance Recital Season, that all little dancers look forward to. A lot of parents, grandparents even aunt & uncl...
Have you thought anything about email marketing as a strategy for your blog or home business ? Email marketing is a form of direct marketi...